FAIRNESS LANDING IN AUTUMN
The end of September-beginning of October is the optimal time for planting edible honeysuckle.
During spring planting, plants take root worse, get sick more often, lag behind the development of autumn cuttings. The reason is the biological features of the culture, the vegetation of which begins very early (the honeysuckle buds bloom at the turn of March and April).
It is better to plant two-year-old seedlings 35-40 cm high at a distance of at least 1.5 m from each other. Prepare the planting hole in advance (50 × 50 cm): mix the top layer of soil with two buckets of humus or compost, adding 150-200 g of double superphosphate and potassium salt each.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR THIS ARTICLE IS HERE >>>
On light and fertile soils, the honeysuckle can be deepened by 3-5 cm when planting – over time, additional adventitious roots form in the lower part of the shoot. But on heavy soils and in areas with high groundwater levels, do not bury the plant – this will heat up and rot the main roots.
By the way, the honeysuckle seedling, unlike most fruit and berry crops, does not require pruning after planting. Otherwise, you will delay the growth and development of the plant.
Marina PIGUL, art. teach. associate, Department of Berry Cultivation, Institute of Pomology
In the fall, it is desirable to plant currants, gooseberries, mountain ash, rose hips. These berries, like honeysuckle, begin to grow early, so in spring they often cannot be planted before the buds wake up (little time), and when planting plants that have already started to grow, the survival rate drops.
Reference by topic: Take care of the honeysuckle AFTER the berries are harvested!
HONESKY – AUTUMN LANDING: VIDEO
ORDER QUALITY AND CHEAP SEEDS AND OTHER GOODS FOR HOME AND HOME. PRICES ARE A BOTTLE. CHECKED! Just look at yourself and be surprised. THERE ARE OPINIONS. Go >>>
Below are other entries on the topic “Dacha and the garden – with their own hands”
- Honeysuckle diseases and control
- Reproduction of honeysuckle by cuttings
- Do I need to trim the honeysuckle after planting, why is the bark cracking and there are no berries?
- Honeysuckle – planting and rejuvenating the old bush
- Honeysuckle: Planting and Care – Questions and Answers
- 5 ways to spread honeysuckle
- Everything you need to know about growing honeysuckle
- Growing honeysuckle – the best varieties and my reviews
- Growing honeysuckle in the Urals – new varieties and caring for them
- Is it possible to propagate honeysuckle seeds?