- ✓ 1. FEATURES OF RASPBERRY VARIETY
- ✓ 2. DEFICIENCY OF RASPBERRY FERTILIZATION
- ✓ 3rd LANDING PLACE AND ACID SOIL
- ✓ 4. INTERRUPTION OF WATERING
- ✓ 5. THICKNESS OF RASPBERRY PLANTS
WHY RASPBERRY ACID?
Raspberries are perhaps one of the sweetest berries.
Therefore, it is a pity if the crop on the bushes ripens sourly.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR THIS ARTICLE IS HERE >>>
Why is it like that? Let’s look at the main reasons …
1. FEATURES OF RASPBERRY VARIETY
If the berries are sour year after year, regardless of the weather conditions, you can just have this variety. He will have to change. Among summer residents, such varieties of recurring raspberries are popular: apricot, Hercules, August miracle, Bryansk miracle, Atlant, golden domes, caramel. From summer ripening raspberries: Kuzmin News, Yellow Giant, Hussar, Prize, Meteor, Myadovaya, Alyonushka, Lazarevskaya.
2. DEFICIENCY OF RASPBERRY FERTILIZATION
Raspberries are called the most voracious berries. Usually plants are fed 2-3 times a season with alternating organic and mineral fertilizers. In spring (April-May), you can add humus for loosening (6-8 kg per 1 m1), pour raspberries with a solution of chicken manure (20: 1) or mullein (10: XNUMX). To retain moisture in the soil and provide additional dressings, it is recommended to mulch the plantings with compost or grass.
During flowering and fruiting, raspberries should be fed with a complex fertilizer high in potassium and phosphorus (eg Crystalon Orange).
If in spring it was not possible to add organic matter, and you can see that raspberry shoots develop slowly, in early July, in addition to mineral fertilizers, you can use infusion of field herbs – nettle, dandelion, clover (grind, fill the container halfway, pour water, insist for several days, before diluting with top dressing 1: 2, the norm is 1.5-2 buckets per bush).
3. LANDING PLACE AND ACID SOIL
The place where raspberries are planted is important: you can forget about sweet berries in the shade!
Raspberries do not tolerate acidic (including alkaline) soils. The plant thrives in acidified soil (pH 5.5-6.5). Acidity can be determined using a pH meter or a litmus strip. To reduce the acidity during the fruiting period of raspberries, ash is added for loosening (200-300 g per 1 m300) or dolomite flour in the fall (500-1 g per 100 m).
Reference by topic: Raspberry planting (photo) and leaving from A to Z fixed
4. INTERRUPTION OF WATERING
You may have noticed that in a rainy summer, raspberries are not very sweet and fragrant. With excessive water consumption, nutrients are washed out and raspberry roots can rot. That is why raspberries thrive best in light loamy and sandy soils. But in dry summers, make sure that the soil in the raspberries is moist (watering to a depth of 30-40 cm). And don’t forget the bedding.
5. PLANT THICKNESS RASPBERRY
In the impenetrable thickets of raspberries, plants lack light and nourishment, which worsens the taste of the berries. The more sun, the sweeter the berries and the stronger the shoots. In early spring (March-April), dry, damaged and weak shoots are cut from summer raspberries, and thin tops from the remaining raspberries. A few weeks before the onset of cold weather, fruiting shoots are removed. For repeating raspberries, the entire aerial part is cut for the winter.
Reference by topic: Super Raspberry Harvest – Only 5 Farming Practices You Need To Know
© Author: Olesya KAZEEVA, biologist, Mordovia.
ORDER QUALITY AND CHEAP SEEDS AND OTHER GOODS FOR HOME AND HOME. PRICES ARE A BOTTLE. CHECKED! Just look at yourself and be surprised. THERE ARE OPINIONS. Go >>>
Below are other entries on the topic “Dacha and the garden – with their own hands”
- 5 reasons why raspberries are sour
- Autumn planting of raspberries (+ VIDEO)
- Raspberry repair – reviews of varieties and top dressing
- Heritage, Brilliant and Hercules raspberry varieties – my reviews
- Renovation raspberry – planting and care in Russian conditions
- Growing zemalin (photo) – raspberry raspberry
- Fix raspberries in the Yaroslavl region – planting, varieties and care
- Raspberries along the fence – what are the advantages?
- The spread of raspberries – about fashionable varieties and types of raspberries in the light of the problem
- Fix raspberries – the best varieties, planting and care