CULTIVATION OF HONEY – 3 QUESTIONS AND 3 ANSWERS
1. Should the honeysuckle be pruned immediately after planting?
Undesirable as pruning inhibits the fruiting period. But the honeysuckle has a high ability to form shoots, which leads to a rapid thickening of the bush. Annual pruning of thinning in early spring (from 4-5 years of age, not earlier!) Will help prevent this. The bumblebees will then be able to freely enter the bush for pollination.
Otherwise, the harvest will be concentrated mainly on the periphery. In the first years of life, only broken and dried shoots are removed for sanitary purposes. Forming pruning begins 5-6 years after planting (the optimal time for planting a honeysuckle is the beginning of October). Cut old thick branches in the center of the bush, unnecessary young shoots on the lower tier, swirling shoots (they grow steeply upright in the crown), as well as weak, thin branches and those that are facing the crown.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR THIS ARTICLE IS HERE >>>
At 8-9 years of age, rejuvenating pruning is carried out – according to the type of thinning. At the same time, you should not cut off the tops of the shoots in the honeysuckle, since the maximum number of buds with flower bases is concentrated on them, and if they are damaged, we sharply reduce the yield of the bush.
On old bushes (after 20 years), rejuvenating radical pruning is permissible: all shoots are cut off, leaving the hemp 30-40 cm.
2. Why did honeysuckle bark begin to crack?
Bark flaking is a physiological feature of honeysuckle. The bark on the woody shoots of a brown color with a yellowish tinge peels off into narrow stripes, and on the annual shoots it is dark brown or yellowish brown, neither hairy nor densely hairy all over the shoot.
3. Why are there few berries on the honeysuckle, even though the care is good?
Honeysuckle is a cross-pollinated plant. Therefore, the site should have at least two bushes of different varieties with flowering at the same time. It is important to plant them in an open, sunny place.
The setting of the fruit is influenced by weather conditions and the presence of pollinating insects during the flowering period. To attract them, honeysuckle bushes can be treated with Ovary, Bud (according to the instructions) or a mixture of zircon (1 ampoule) and Cytovite (2 ampoules per 10 liters of water).
We also recommend reading: Honeysuckle – photo, planting and description of care for the season: INSTRUCTIONS
ALL ABOUT THE CULTURE OF HONORING – VIDEO
© Author: Marina PIGUL
ORDER QUALITY AND CHEAP SEEDS AND OTHER GOODS FOR HOME AND HOME. PRICES ARE A BOTTLE. CHECKED! Just look at yourself and be surprised. THERE ARE OPINIONS. Go >>>
Below are other entries on the topic “Dacha and the garden – with their own hands”
- Honeysuckle reproduction in the school garden
- Honeysuckle species (photo), planting and care
- Take care of the honeysuckle AFTER the berries are harvested!
- Growing honeysuckle – the best varieties and my reviews
- 4 tips and secrets of growing and caring for honeysuckle
- Bachkar honeysuckle – my variety reviews
- Growing honeysuckle on a breeding scale – top dressing and reproduction
- Honeysuckle – types and the best varieties, planting and care
- Growing Honeysuckle: 10 tips for planting and care
- Growing honeysuckle pros and my care tips